Monday, May 5, 2014

CHAMONIX TO CHAMONIX 180km Triangle

After Bornes to Fly Tom Payne confirmed what Bruce Marks suggested and we were going to fly from near Annecy to Chamonix. We went and car camped at LZ as to not miss the day. We then got a text to say plans have changed and we are going to Chamonix to start the day. We all met at the cable car and met up with some French friends of Tom's on the Plan Auguille launch.  I cruzed my launch with the LM 5 while the other were front launching R12 (reverse launched), R10. 2 Icepeak 6 and 7's.

We headed straight over to the Brevant side and rode some rough thermals out of the valley. We then headed south towards Chambery and then back over where a few days before I had walked and walked my glider at the Bornes to Fly. Now my glider was carrying me over the passes back towards lake Annecy. We continued on towards the north keeping East of Geneva and then back to Chamonix. About 180km Triangle Wwwwhhhooooeeeeee! 

No comments:

Post a Comment